At Western Prosthodontic Centre, our patients are our number one priority. We provide the highest quality care to help you achieve optimum oral health. Our team has enabled us to create a warm, friendly and comfortable environment for patients to ensure their visit to Western Prosthodontic Centre is a pleasant experience.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring our services are of the highest quality, keeping up with the latest technology. Western Prosthodontic Centre keeps abreast of changes in technology and procedural techniques through participation in continuing education.
Dr Bradley Shepherd
Dr Shepherd completed a Bachelor of Dental Science and a Master of Dental Science (Prosthodontics) from the University of Western Australia. He is a board certified Prosthodontist and member of The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists.
After graduation, he became a partner in a high-profile dental practice associated with endodontics and oral reconstruction with Dr Ron Rankine-Wilson. In 1994, he became sole practice owner and began the process of building a team of dentists dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in restorative dentistry.
In 1999, Dr Shepherd relocated the practice to 64 Havelock Street, West Perth. This marked the transition of the growing practice into a state of the art facility. Originally, under the banner of “The Branemark Centre” and, in close collaboration with his mentor Professor Patrick Henry, a successful blend of clinical excellence, postgraduate teaching and research were combined.
Dr Shepherd has dedicated his clinical time to the pursuit of excellence when treating his patients. Given that every patient has unique requirements he is always striving to find the optimal option for treatment. Using an evidence-based approach and expertise acquired over three decades, his aim is to provide optimal cosmetic, functional and durable results within a set of guidelines relevant to each individual patient.
In addition to the time devoted to clinical management, he has been actively involved in many dental institutions and professional committees. These have ranged from positions at The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia and Princess Margaret Hospital to his current focus as Chairman of the Standards Committee for The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists where he is actively engaged in assessing and reporting the educational aspects of prosthodontic programs in Australia and New Zealand. He has also been involved in numerous course presentations both nationally and internationally. He has recently co-authored a chapter in a textbook entitled “Esthetics and Biomechanics in Orthodontics” which reflects his commitment to include other dental specialities in the treatment process.
Membership in Professional Bodies:
- International College of Prosthodontists
- The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists
- The Australian Prosthodontic Society
- The Academy of Osseointegration
- The Australian Osseointegration Society
- The Australian Dental Association
- The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
- International College of Dentists (membership by invitation only)
- Pierre Fauchard Academy (membership by invitation only)
Past and Current Appointments:
- Clinical Demonstrator at Oral Health Centre of Western Australia
- Consultant Prosthodontist at Princess Margaret Hospital
- President (local branch): The Australian Prosthodontic Society (1996-1998)
- President: The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (2004-2006)
- Chair of Standards Committee for peer review for Prosthodontics ( 2009-Present)
- Prosthodontic consultant for Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) program and Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry for the University of Sydney
- Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons – Board of Studies in Prosthodontics (2007-Present)